Facebook event page
West Midland Safari Park
West Midland Safari Park, Spring Grove, Bewdley, Worcestershire, DY12 1LF Bewdley, Worcestershire
Protect Bats Week — 6th-14th May 2017
For a whole week, we will be raising awareness about the threats to the world’s bats and fundraising all week for the Bat Conservation Trust.
Over 20% of the world's bats are threatened with extinction. Bats account for nearly a quarter of British mammal species, but populations have suffered sever declines in the last century.
•• ACTIVITIES ••
• Free quiz to take around the Discovery Trail, focused on bats and bat conservation.
• Visit our on-site Conservation Tent between 11am-3pm & enter our raffle with a £2 donation for a chance to win a VIP Tour for two! (Guests must be aged 6+ and at least one person on the Experience must be an adult)
• For a £1 donation, you can also enter our ‘Guess the Number of Bat species in the UK’ competition for a chance to win a cuddly bat toy!
• Be a ‘Bat Champion’ and receive a badge with a £1.50 donation at our stall.
• Visit us on weekends in our Discovery Room from 12-3pm to take part in bat related crafts & games!
• On weekends, visit the Bat Cave at 2pm & 4pm for a free Bat Talk!
•• BOOK A ONE-OFF EXPERIENCE! ••
Book in advance onto an exclusive Myth Busting Experience!
For just £15pp, meet some of our commonly misunderstood creatures, close up! Meet animals such as our smaller reptiles, insects and small mammals. Then try your hand at making a fruit kebab which you can watch being given to our bats at feeding time!
Dates available; 6th, 7th, 13th, 14th May — experience lasts 30minutes.
* Email [email protected]
to book *
Under 3s are free. Tickets for the Park MUST also be purchased in advance.
Book admission tickets online and save — wmsp.co.uk/tickets
•• EVENING CONSERVATION TALK ••
We will be hosting a Bat Conservation Talk on 19th May.
The talk will be given by Lucy Smith, keeper at WMSP and Matthew Terry, Chair of Worcestershire Bat Group. After the talk (weather permitting) the Bat Group will lead a session in the grounds of the Park to see if we can pick up the calls of our native bats with echolocators.
Arrival, drinks & cake: 7.30pm
Talk starts: 8pm
£5 donation at the door but seats MUST be booked in advance.
Email [email protected]
to book your seat.
All profits will go to the Bat Conservation Trust.
Funds raised at the whole event will go towards the Bat Conservation Trust volunteer training programme.
Read more about the Bat Conservation Trust and their work at bats.org.uk
You can also donate online to the Bat Conservation Trust — justgiving.com/fundraising/wmsp-bats