Facebook event page
West Midland Safari Park
West Midland Safari Park, Spring Grove, Bewdley, Worcestershire, DY12 1LF Bewdley, Worcestershire
Conservation Dogs! — 9th-17th September 2017 🐶
Dogs could be the new best friend to threatened species. Dogs are employed in many ways to aid wildlife conservation….
For a whole week, we will be raising awareness about the role of dogs in conservation & fundraising to aid conservation programmes which use dogs.
The money we raise for this campaign will be split two ways;
— Half of the funds raised will go to Save the Rhino International's Kenyan Dog Squad
— The other half will go to help finance a research project to support Cheetah Outreach's Livestock Guarding Dog (LGD) programme.
•• ACTIVITIES ••
• Free quiz to take around the Discovery Trail, focussing on the special dogs used in conservation
• Visit our on-site stall and enter our raffle with a £2 donation for a chance to win a Cheetah Feed for two! (Aged 6+ only. One guest must be 18+.)
• For a £1 donation, you can also enter our ‘Guess the Cheetah’s Name’ competition for a chance to win a cuddly cheetah toy!
• Get a badge with one of our cheetah, rhino or a conservation dog on it when you give a £1.50 donation at our stall.
• Visit us on weekends in our brand new Safari Academy from 12-3pm to take part in dog related crafts & games!
•• Special Evening Conservation Talk ••
Book in advance onto our Conservation Dogs Talk on 14th September at 7.30pm.
Josephine Gibson from Save the Rhino will speak about their Dog Squad programme and Rosie Wilkes from the Park will talk on behalf of Cheetah Outreach about their livestock guarding dog programme.
— Tea & cake will be available on the evening.
— There will be a £5 donation on the door — places MUST be booked in advance.
— Book now, email [email protected]
Book admission tickets online & save — wmsp.co.uk/tickets
• Read more about SRI’s Dog Squad programme; savetherhino.org/support_us/campaigns_and_appeals
• Read more about Cheetah Outreach Livestock Guarding Dog Programme; cheetah.co.za/an_project.html
• Read more about the Kenyan conservancy where the DOG SQUAD operates: savetherhino.org/africa_programmes/aplrs_kenya