Facebook event page
24-26 High Street, B4 7SL Birmingham, United Kingdom
The West Midlands Egyptology Society are joining us for another year!
Speaker: Janet McWilliam
Janet is the Chair/Secretary of the Carlisle and District Egyptology Society, a post she has held for five years. She is also a founder member of the Society. She as planned many visits for the Society to Museums with Egyptology Collections including the Turin Museum.
Her interest in Egyptology stems from a Nile Cruise she took after her retirement from a post of a lecturer in Business Administration at a Further Education College.
Janet has taken several online courses in Egyptology including Hieroglyphics, and a Diploma in Egyptology from an Online College.
She has visited Egypt on many occasions and is planning a return visit in 2017.
Talk Title: The Sea People Revisited
This talk covers the following topics:
• The stability of the State of Egypt during the late Bronze Age
• An introduction into the inscriptions at the Mortuary Temple of Ramesses III
• A brief look at the lineage of Ramesses III and his family ties
• A look at the origins of the Sea Peoples. Where they came from. How the routes of migration can be reflected in today’s migration patterns
• The battle of the Delta as shown in the inscriptions
• An investigation on how to recognise the various groups included in the term Sea Peoples
• A look at the sources of the knowledge we have on the Sea Peoples
Tickets are £5 for adults, £4 for students.
Seating is limited, to reserve you seat please email [email protected]