Periods suck. Pain, bleeding, paying tax on period supplies because the government thinks they're a luxury item… It's even worse for those people who can't afford to buy period supplies, using rags, toilet paper or nothing at all.
Bloody Good Period distribute period supplies to asylum seekers, refugees and menstruating people living below the poverty line, so that hopefully periods can be a little less stressful.
I'm running a fundraiser in support of Bloody Good Period on 10th December, in the Bosta room of Cherry Red's (aka upstairs), Birmingham, from 1.30-5.30. With prizes donated by Wagamamas, Le Keux Events, The Glee Club and more, there will be a raffle, tombola and even guess how many sweets in a jar.
No entry fee, donations welcome, raffle tickets sold on the day with the draw at 5pm
— Raffle Prizes
1. A one of a kind silk scarf designed and coloured by Also the Bison
2. Bill's restaurant voucher for £50.00
3. Wagamama's voucher for £40.00
4. Signed copies of The Last Beginning and the Next Together; YA novels by local author Lauren James
5. A Buckt box voucher for a one month subscription for two people
6. A Buckt box voucher for a one month subscription for two people
7. Le Keux Vintage Salon voucher for a taster hair and make up session
8. Exhibition catalogue of Going Back Home To Where I Came From by Mahtab Hussain, the current lead artist for Black Country Voyages, sponsored by the Ikon Gallery
9. Glee Club Birmingham voucher for 2 people to Comedy Carousel or Foodie Fridays
All prizes above have been kindly donated by the respective companies and individuals.
(More raffle prizes may be added closer to the event date, and so order of prizes may change. Order will be fixed on 9th December.)